The much beloved FOOTLIGHT PLAYERS Youth Theatre program will be back at Waller Hall on the IUP campus this summer.
June 27-July 16 IUP's Theatre Dance and Performance department will once again provide a Monday-Friday 9:00-4:00 day camp for young people who wish to explore their creativity through theatre and musical theatre.
Many of the same principles in place for the past 18 years will apply again this year:
- open to all regardless of prior experience
- Everyone gets a role onstage and will help backstage in a "total theatre" experience.
- A culminating play and a musical will be performed for the public (IUP and local community) on Friday and Saturday July 15-16.
- the Play will be Anne of Avonlea, an adaptation of Montgomery's novel Anne of Green Gables written and directed by Maddie Jones.
- the Musical will be a story of hopes, dreams and aspirations threaded along songs at Footlight over the years, written and directed by Sharen Camille.
For those familiar, there will be some changes this year as we return on a smaller scale. Registration is limited to 40 players.
- There will not be an age division between young campers and teen academy.
- To be eligible, Players need to have completed 6th grade. (We anticipate next year also serving the younger "campers." It's just not possible this year.)
- Workshops will be devoted to support of the play and the musical.
To register for Footlight, make a payment through the IUP Marketplace.
You'll then receive an email from us to gather registration information.
We have never turned away any Player for an inability to pay. If you have challenging financial circumstances let us know. We have generous donors who have helped make Footlight available for everyone.